Choose the Inn at 202 Dover for your Chesapeake Bay vacation accommodations, and you will run out of time before you run out of things to do. Located in historic Easton, Maryland, we are just a block from downtown shopping, art galleries, and theater. Listed below are some of the area activities, attractions, and events you may wish to enjoy during your stay with us:
- Farmers Market every Saturday, June-early December
- First Friday Gallery Walk (tour of art galleries throughout town on the first Friday of each month).
- Waterfowl Festival, an annual gathering of more than 600 wildlife artists from decoy carvers to waterfowl painters (second weekend in November).
- Plein Air, an annual week-long outdoor painting competition during July featuring artists from throughout the country that are juried into the competition
- Avalon Theatre, an historic art deco theater that has been restored and features music, legitimate theatre and well known artists (Joan Baez, the Temptations and Wynton Marsalis to name just a few)
- Golf at a Zagat-rated golf course Hog Neck
- Wye Grist Mill, supplied flour to the Continental Army and is open the first and third Saturday of the month April-November
- Academy Art Museum features quality artists both contemporary as well as traditional.
- Historic Society of Talbot County features memorabilia reaching back through the history of the county.
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum features the vessels used on the Chesapeake Bay for fishing and crabbing.
- Pickering Creek is a nature preserve under the care of the Audubon Center.
- Hunting, fishing, sailing, canoeing and kayaking abound and we'll be happy to make arrangements.
- If you are a Civil War buff you'll find loads of information, trails, and cemeteries for both the Union and Confederate sides.
- If you enjoy biking, you'll be amazed at the miles upon miles of scenic bike routes throughout the area.
- Click Here to see the Easton Events Calendar.
Start thinking about Waterfowl Festival. It happens every year in November. This year it's November 14, 15 & 16. Accommodations book quickly so, reserve your suite now.